ONDON (AP) — A baby born to Prince Harry and Meghan, the duchess of Sussex, would be seventh in line for the British throne when it is born next spring. Here is the current line of succession to the British throne upon of the death of 92-year-old Queen Elizabeth II:
1. Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, eldest child of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip
2. Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, eldest child of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana.
3. Prince George, oldest child of Prince William and Kate, the duchess of Cambridge.
4. Princess Charlotte, middle child of William and Kate
5. Prince Louis, youngest child of William and Kate
6. Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, youngest child of Charles and Diana
7. Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, second son of the queen and Philip
8. Princess Beatrice, oldest child of Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson
9. Princess Eugenie, youngest child of Andrew and Ferguson
10. Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, youngest son of the queen and Philip
A Word to Our Loyal Readers
Support Snopes and make a difference for readers everywhere.
- David Mikkelson
- Doreen Marchionni
- David Emery
- Bond Huberman
- Jordan Liles
- Alex Kasprak
- Dan Evon
- Dan MacGuill
- Bethania Palma
- Liz Donaldson
- Vinny Green
- Ryan Miller
- Chris Reilly
- Chad Ort
- Elyssa Young
Most Snopes assignments begin when readers ask us, “Is this true?” Those tips launch our fact-checkers on sprints across a vast range of political, scientific, legal, historical, and visual information. We investigate as thoroughly and quickly as possible and relay what we learn. Then another question arrives, and the race starts again.
We do this work every day at no cost to you, but it is far from free to produce, and we cannot afford to slow down. To ensure Snopes endures — and grows to serve more readers — we need a different kind of tip: We need your financial support.
Support Snopes so we continue to pursue the facts — for you and anyone searching for answers.