Examples: [Collected via e-mail, December 2007]
I strongly urge you to watch the touching music video below. In doing so,
The band, Five for Fighting, is generously donating $0.40 to Autism Speaks for *each time* this video is viewed. The funding goes toward research studies to help find a cure. When you have a moment, please visit the link below to watch the video and pass it along to your friends and family. They are aiming for 10,000 hits, but hopefully we can help them to surpass this goal.
If link does not work, copy and paste.
Origins: In conjunction with the release of the song "What Kind of World Do You Want" by the pop group Five for Fighting, that band's lead singer, John Ondrasik, launched a new web site in
- Augie's Quest (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis research)
- Autism Speaks (Autism research)
- Fisher House Foundation (Housing for relatives of hospitalized service members)
- Save the Children (International relief and development organization for children)
- United Service Organization (Provides morale, welfare and recreation for service members)
For general donations, whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com will again distribute OVER 90% of money donated to the selected charities. This is determined primarily by the amount of views per charity and available funds. The 10% expense will include Revver.com's .03/view webhosting cost, CCF's 1% administrative expense and site maintenance.